Celestron 7×50 Cometron Binocular is a brilliant addition to the binocular series for beginner skygazers. This lightweight and durable optical instrument comes with high-quality optics at an affordable price. You can scan the sky with these binoculars to see a particular constellation or cluster. Also can be used in bird watching, wildlife observation and marine use for its wide view, bright optics and water resistance.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cometron Binoculars
- Wide field of view that can be adjusted
- Water-resistant body
- The Porro prism design ensures a rich depth of view and contrast ideal for astronomical observation.
- BK7 Glass
- Roll-down eyecups help to adjust spectacles-wearers
- Dust caps are without retainer cords
- Can be used for terrestrial observation
- Extra care is needed as it is not drop-proof.
- Water-resistant, but not waterproof
Cometron Binoculars Technical Specifications
- The objective lens is 50 mm large providing more light-gathering ability.
- The optics are multi-coated to enhance the light transmission that makes the images brighter increasing the contrast and resolution.
- The exit pupil is more than 7 mm large and provides a maximum amount of light at night or any time while the light is low.
- The eye relief is about 13 mm.
- 7x magnification is enough to view the moon and its craters
- It provides a 357 ‘ field of view at 1000 yd and around 6.8 degrees of angular field of view, which is wide enough to show a large portion of the sky and even the impressive tail of a comet.
- The focus is 26.2 ‘ close
- The center focus wheel makes manual focusing easy and precise.
- The interpupillary adjustment range is 56-72 mm.
- It includes right-eye dioptric adjustment.
- The weight is only 11oz (1 lb).
- The body is made of nylon and the color is black.
- Durable and robust aluminum housing with rubberized hand grips. It also has fold-down rubber eyecups that adjust the eye relief and block stray light.
Accessories for Cometron Binoculars
Fig 2: Accessories of Celestron 7×50 Cometron Binoculars
- Dust caps
- A travel bag
- A strap for binoculars
What can you see with Celestron 7×50 Cometron Binoculars?
- The Moon and the craters appear very sharp and night. Even in the daylight, the craters can be seen clearly.
- Nebula-like Orion and its stars are sharp, even the sword and the belt fit together in one field of view.
- The seven sisters of the constellation Taurus appear like the foreground of a profound rich background.
- The star clusters like Messier 36 & 37 or 38 & 36 look sharp and fit together in the same field of view.
- The double cluster looks splendid
- Andromeda appears as a bright smudgy core with a profound smudgy disk.
Astrophotography Example With Celestron 7×50 Cometron Binoculars
Fig 3: Astrophotography with Celestron 7×50 Cometron Binoculars
Fig 4: Astrophotography with Celestron 7×50 Cometron Binoculars
Celestron is an American company that is located in California, United States. Celestron was founded in 1964 by Tom Johnson. It manufactures a wide range of telescopes and also acts as a distributor of various optical instruments like telescopes, binoculars, microscopes, and accessories in cooperation with Synta Technology Corporation of Taiwan. Some of the Celestron binoculars are Celestron – Nature DX 8 x 32 Compact Waterproof Binoculars, Nature DX 10 x 42 Waterproof Binoculars, SkyMaster 20 x 80 Binoculars, Nature DX 8 x 42 Waterproof Binoculars, etc.
Celestron 7×50 Cometron Binocular is a great optical instrument in this price range. Here some accessories are recommended for a better experience.
- Vortex Binocular Harness Strap
- Sensei DOC-CK Deluxe Optics Care and Cleaning Kit
- Meopta MeoPix Uni 2 Smartphone Digiscoping
- Celestron Binocular Tripod Adapter
- Magnus PV-3330G Tripod
- Ruggard Outrigger 65 DSLR Backpack (Black)
- Oben Car Window Mount
- Rite in the Rain All-Weather Clicker Pen (Black)